Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Induction week and London

So the induction weeks have begun and there's been a lot going on. These weeks are really only about getting to know the school, the teachers and fellow students, and so far we've also been going through how things work, such as loaning photo- and videocameras and the IT-system. We haven't gotten our student ID's yet, and won't get them until this thursday. Pity, because all around the city there's 20% discounts off on clothes and shoes! Who doesn't love discounts...!


Last thursday I met up with my course leader, Sarah. She showed me and another girl I'll be studying with, Rebecca, our study room. It is pretty modern, spacious and light, and we got to see previous student projects. (Everything that's hanging along the walls and some dissertations in the picture under). Very inspiring and great work.

I'm really looking forward to start school now. Sarah told us that this Thursday we're going to meet the rest of the interior design students and pretty much start the course, and than next week we will be going full speed.

Part of our studio.


























On tuesday the same week we went to London with the international students to visit Tate Modern. Me, Torun and Unni walked around for about three hours; the museum was so HUGE. There was very much exciting to see, everything from interior and sculptures to paintings and textiles.

I also met up with Marianne very quick. Our bus back to Southampton left at 6 and we had to meet up half an hour before, so I felt a little stressed not having any idea what tube to take to where. But I made it for a short cup of coffee at Café Nero in Leicester Square, and it was so nice to see her!

Here's a short slideshow with pictures from the London trip early in the week. I don't have the patience to upload 13 single pictures here at Blogspot, hehe.



This was a short post, but many pics. I'm sorry I still haven't posted pictures of our house, it will come soon, I promise!!

- vic -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear what you think!

- vic -