Wednesday, September 07, 2011

I've started packing...

Only 6 more days before I leave for the UK - it's surreal.

I've been packing a little, because as I've mentioned, my mom is coming with me. She will take some of my stuff in her bag, but she is travelling from our home in Sykkylven - that is why I'm packing to send a small back to her this week.


This is just the beginning, because as you can see, I have a little folder right there on the floor with lists of what I need to pack. What you see is only one list. I have three. This room will eventually pile up with clothes, shoes, electronics, make-up and all sorts of goods and chattels. Can't wait for the chaos.

I have three folder with lists, diplomas, insurance-documents, travel information and other important documents, so i'd say I'm pretty organized, but I still feel like I'm not ready to move _at all_.

As the days go by I don't really do much now that most things are in order before take-off. I spend a lot of quality time with Lars and I see my friends. Marianne is back in town so we've hung out a bit, and tomorrow (thursday) we're going to have a homemade sushi-night at another friend's place. We're also gonna invite our former interior design teacher and some other girls. I've never made homemade-sushi, so I expect it will be an interesting experience.

Yesterday, myself and Lars met up with Runa, Magnus and Torgeir (from the road trip in the US), and Torgeir's girlfriend Ida. We ate some real restaurant made sushi, at Kyoto once again (the best place in Trondheim for sushi). It was really nice to catch up with Runa - I haven't seen her for a long while!


What a great group of people, and great food. Unfortunately Lars turned out a little weird in this picture! He's not weird usually, you know, only sometimes :) (I just noticed he actually looks like he's got a shiner, but no - 
it's not!)

Today I'm going to do a little work in the stairway room here. We've done some remodeling by taking away some old wall panel and we've put on a layer of wall covering to fix the wall behind the late panel, which was a little cracked after removing it. 


Now we want to paint the room and I honestly haven't had any ideas for what we should do with it since the living room downstairs has beige and grey tones, the stairs have an ugly green tone, and the loft is kind of white/black. I want the whole apartment to have a unified whole, and so what we've decided is to go for a safe (...) brown/beige tone in the stairway room, and then add colour in details, like the door to the loft, carpets and so on. I think it will be very pretty when it gets done. 

So until next time,

- vic -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear what you think!

- vic -