Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time to fly

It is finally time to leave Trondheim for new adventures. As I write I am on the plane from Trondheim to Gatwick airport in London. I figured I might as well write an update up here since this really isn't a place to do much else but sleep.

I think I see a ship all the way down there..
Imagine if we just dropped down, right now.

This weekend I finished up packing early so that I would have time to spend with my dear Lars before I left. I'm happy we got a lot of time together, because our goodbyes when I was getting into the bus earlier today to the airport was quick and brutal, I think. I'm also glad that it's only 3,5 weeks before he will be here with me.

We've been busy finishing the stairway-room and now it is almost as good as done.

The wall-colour is called Macchiato. It's made the room very calm and it makes me feel like reading a book, sitting on top of the stairs.

We have further plans for the room; we're going to decorate the walls with paintings, photographs and other decorating objects we find. I'd really like The Cucú clock from Diamantini & Domeniconi (without the coo-coo. That would just be annoying in that tiny apartment!). Also on top of the stairs there are two doors; one to the loft and one to a small storage. We want to paint the door to the loft in a pale blue that compliments the Macchiato tone. The door to the storage is very old and it has deep profiles, so on this one I'd like to lay a flower-print wallpaper on the two big profiles, in pale beige with green, blue and red tones. I think when we are done with all that, the room will be complete.

I continue my writing after a looong day travelling. I met my mom in Gatwick and then we took a train to Southampton, which arrived quite fast I think. My first thoughts about this city is that it is a very nice place, and the atmosphere seems very similar to Trondheim, a place that has really grown on me over the last two couple of years.

Me and my mom checked in at Premier Inn, a hotel that is right by the school I'm going to attend, (Southampton Solent University). We went there first to unpack and relax of course, then later we went out to eat and of course landed in a sushi restaurant. (It wad actually a Japanese restaurant, but we had to have sushi!!) We ended up eating a buffet; sooo much good stuff, as you see in the pictures:

This is just the beginning. Later on we had hot dishes, green tea and rosé wine on top! Loved it all!

That is it for my one-way journey to the (big) UK for now. Tomorrow apartment viewings await; hopefully we'll have a deal by the end of the day!

- vic -

1 comment:

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear what you think!

- vic -